The following staff employees are eligible for the award:
- Regular employees holding a position in a Tickle College of Engineering department or unit with at least two years of continuous service (hired no later than January 1, 2016).
- Full-time and part-time, exempt and non-exempt staff employees
Faculty, instructors, students, term employees, four previous year award winners, and award committee members are not eligible. Previous winners include Annette Costar, Tracy Lee, and Ami McBride (2017); Jada Huskey, William Frank Holiway, and Jonathan Turnmire (2016); Tonya Brewer and Brad Kiser (2015); Samantha Allen, Justin Forbes, and Rita Gray (2014).
Winners Will Receive
- Cash Award
- Letter of congratulations from the dean with copies to the Office of Human Resources Management and the applicable department/unit head
- Plaque (or framed certificate) to be presented at the annual Tickle College of Engineering Faculty & Staff Awards Dinner
Any Tickle College of Engineering employee, including student employees may nominate any staff member meeting the Eligibility Requirements.
To nominate someone, please download and complete a Nomination Letter. Award decisions are based solely on the Nomination Letter(s), so please provide details and examples for all applicable evaluation categories (see sidebar).
Please email the completed Nomination Letter with subject line of “2018 Outstanding Support Staff Award” to the appropriate department/unit head by Monday, February 5th, 2018:
- Chemical Engineering, Bamin Khomami, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civil & Environmental Engineering, Chris D. Cox, email@example.com
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Leon Tolbert, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Industrial and Systems Engineering, John Kobza, email@example.com
- Materials Science & Engineering, Veerle Keppens, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mechanical, Aerospace Biomedical Engineering, Matthew Mench, email@example.com
- Nuclear Engineering, Wes Hines, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickle College of Engineering Administration, Masood Parang, email@example.com
- Center for Materials Processing, Claudia Rawn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Transportation Research, Dave Clark, email@example.com
- Center for Ultra-wide-area Resilient Electric Energy Transmission Networks (CURENT), Kevin Tomsovic, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innovative Computing Laboratory, Jack Dongarra, email@example.com
- Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment (ISSE), Terry Hazen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reliability and Maintainability Center, Klaus Blache, email@example.com
- Scintillation Materials Research Center, Chuck Melcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider nominating a Tickle College of Engineering staff member who has demonstrated outstanding effort on behalf of the Tickle College of Engineering from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
Outstanding effort is to be evaluated in one or more of the following categories:
Customer Service (provide details of customer category, e.g., faculty, staff, students)