Mission and Vision Statements
The mission of the University of Tennessee College of Engineering is:
- To provide high quality education in the major engineering disciplines from the undergraduate through doctoral levels through a creative balance of academic, professional, and extracurricular programs;
- To foster and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with our alumni, friends, industry, and local, state, and federal governments through public services assistance and collaborative research; and
- To be a major contributor to our nation's technology base through scholarship and research.
The College of Engineering is resolved to become one of the country's top twenty-five public engineering educational institutions. To bring this vision to reality, our college is committed to these five charges:
- Attaining national and international recognition among peer institutions for excellence in both research and teaching.
- Assembling a dynamic body of faculty who exemplify excellence and innovation in the pursuit and delivery of knowledge and will perpetuate the highest standards of engineering education for future generations.
- Graduating students who are well educated in technical knowledge, with solid communication and teamwork skills, who can compete successfully in the global business world and contribute significantly to the national base of engineering education and technology.
- Investing strategically in the college's most important resources – students, faculty and programs – through the vigorous acquisition of private gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Partnering with academic, industrial and government entities that share and enhance the mission of the College of Engineering, so that our educational and collaborative efforts result in the maximum, positive, economic impact locally, regionally, nationally, and globally.