The opening session for the 2018 Engineers Day will be held in the Thompson-Boling Arena at 10 a.m. Thursday, October 25.
Bus Loading/Unloading Parking Information:
Buses are encouraged to arrive on campus between 9:00–9:30 a.m. to unload students. The Engineers Day bus drop-off zone will be located in front of the arena on the south side of Philip Fulmer Way. Students should proceed up the East Ramp to enter at Gate D. After drop-off, buses will need to take Peyton Manning Pass to Volunteer Blvd., then to Lake Loudoun Blvd. A PDF map for buses is available here.
- Access Lake Loudon Boulevard via Volunteer Boulevard.
- Use curbside lane facing toward Neyland Drive to stage.
- Follow Officers’ instructions when staging & before moving to unload at the arena.
- Students should proceed up the East Ramp to enter at Gate D after drop-off.
Please follow the directions below to the bus parking area located at student parking area C-25.
- Turn left onto Peyton Manning Pass, then left onto Volunteer Blvd.
- Turn left onto Lake Loudoun Blvd. Turn right onto Neyland Drive westbound.
- Turn right onto Joan Cronan Way.
- Turn left onto Stephenson Drive
- Parking in the designated C-25 parking area located next to the Lady Vol Soccer Stadium
Bus Loading Information (After Event):
Bus Driver’s and groups are encouraged to remain in contact so that loading can be organized and quick. There will be enough parking spaces for three buses to load. Please do not park in the designated loading zone so that others may use this zone. Due to streetscape project on Volunteer Boulevard, there is no longer street parking on Volunteer Boulevard in front of the Claxton Education Building. The buses will have to pick-up on Philip Fulmer Way where they dropped off students.
Please follow the directions below to the bus loading zone located on Philip Fulmer Way.
- Exit lot onto Stephenson Drive to Joan Cronan Way
- Turn right onto Neyland to Joe Johnson Drive.
- Proceed straight to Volunteer Boulevard intersection
- Turn right onto Volunteer Boulevard.
- Proceed straight to Lake Loudon Boulevard.
- Turn right onto Lake Loudon Boulevard.
- Proceed straight to Philip Fulmer Way.
- Turn left onto Philip Fulmer Way.
- Proceed to loading zone which will be located on right hand side where students had been previously unloaded.
Parking for Cars/Vans:
A conference rate of $5 has been arranged on behalf of Engineers Day guest at the 1545 Vol Hall Public Pay Garage. Guest will need to enter at the White Avenue entrance and obtain a parking ticket from the dispenser. Upon exiting the garage, please present your Engineers Day visitor parking voucher which can be picked up from the Tau Beta Pi registration table at the opening session or at their exhibit table on the engineering campus.