Educational Objectives of the B.S. Program Are:
- Provide students with fundamental knowledge in mathematics, computer
science, the basic sciences, and the engineering sciences that is necessary
to solve state-of-the-art problems in nuclear and radiological engineering.
- Provide students with a real-world design and analysis experience
in nuclear and radiological engineering that shall include environmental,
societal, safety, and economic considerations.
- Provide students with appropriate skills in oral and written communication,
teamwork, laboratory work, problem solving and the use of modern engineering
tools that will prepare them to work productively in a contemporary
and global environment.
- Provide students with a diverse general education in the humanities,
ethics, and social sciences to compliment their technological education
in order to understand and appreciate the importance of each in society
and in personal development.
- Foster a genuine desire for life-long learning in students